31 August 2006

Farting Guy

Yesterday was Date Day for my husband and I. We did things that, in his words, "Normal Earthlings would do." Meaning, we ate at a chain restaurant and then walked around the mall holding hands.
It was a weird experience for us since we usually try to be uber creative and unusual with how we spend our time on Date Day.
We went to Granite City for lunch. I got the usual (see, I'm telling you, it was a conventional type of day for me) and Billy got a hamburger (also conventional).
Then we went to the Mall. We were in JC Penney looking at weird socks when an old guy walked behind us, and at every step, he was letting 'em slip. Loudly. Unashamedly.
I have rarely seen my husband completely lose it-- but this is all it took this time. Billy was laughing, sputtering, wheezing, screaming, crying, so weak I had to drag him out of the store. He couldn't help himself.
It was hilarious, I admit. I also felt sorry for the old man. Do you think he knew he was doing it? Or was it just that he didn't develop any hobbies and so his days consisted of being stuck at the mall with his wife where he didn't really have any place to do what any man should be entitled to do at his age--fart whenever he wants?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

That's about one of the funniest things I've heard all week. (And, yes, I did give out one good laugh.) I'm glad you two had an... interesting date night.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home