10 July 2006

Clap for the Clap



I did it. I finished the clap. Thank you to Dana for supplying the most beautiful yarn ever, and thank you to knitty for having the pattern that the yarn wanted to be. I had to rip it out almost completely three times, had several tearful afternoons trying to figure it out, but it was all worth it. I am absolutely in love with how this turned out, and I think that it shows off the yarn beautifully as well.
Moral of the story: sometimes it really does pay to start over. And I hate this lesson. But you can see the fruits of it right here, folks. My very own social disease.
Also, for all of you knitters out there, I highly recommend steam blocking. I used an iron. It was slicker than snot, took about five minutes total (including drying time), and made the clap so much wider, I was amazed. I learned a lot of new stitches and techniques on this pattern. It is a good intermediate pattern in that regards--it definately takes you out of your comfort zone of knit and purl in different combinations, but it is not as difficult as lace knitting would be (in my uninformed opinion about such matters). If you want to make this pattern, it is on knitty.com under the archives for patterns, and officially is called Clapotis.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Bravo! It's beautiful! That yarn is great for this project. Yum.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kiersten H. said...

I'm totally excited to see you model the fine piece of art.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home